Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Green brothers are my latest addiction. Now over my morning tea I check my email, The Washington Post, and Vlog Brothers.  And I have plenty of time to peruse over another cup because both my children were up late scouring youtube for John, Hank and SciShow.  John mentions that 80% of the people who read his novels are teen girls, but the other 20%, if not the intended audience, are still listening. Although evidently most of the people who buy his books are young and female, he often speaks directly to young men. And considering that he has so many young women waiting for his next video, his next book, and many teen guys aren't even sure how to speak to girls, I guess he has some wisdom to impart there. They could certainly do worse.

I also looked at Cassandra Clare, who seems to have a similar fan base, demographically at least. Her tumblr is more visual, visceral than the Vlog Brothers, I scrolled and scrolled, enjoying all the pretty pictures.  I think it gives a good feel for her style and it certainly conveys the enthusiasm of her fans.  Makes me look forward to the movie more than the book though I will check out both.

No comments:

Post a Comment